Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
时间:2023-12-10 02:46:33 出处:자동차阅读（143）
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- Seoul shares edge down amid US slowdown woes; won sharply down
- Warmer winter temperatures expected this week
- Drug demand rises over surge in ‘walking pneumonia,’ flu
- Korea, Japan hold working
- 12일부터 4·10총선 예비후보자 등록 시작
- 6 outgoing ministers ‘strong candidates’ for general elections: ruling party
- Requirements for zoo licenses set to be toughened
- 이낙연, 1만3000명 출당 청원에 "당에서 몰아내면 받아야지"
- S. Korea asks UAE to correct nat'l flag image mix